Logan, Robert E., Sherilyn Carlton with Tara Miller. Coaching 101: Discover the Power of Coaching. St. Charles, IL: ChurchSmart Resources, 2003.
From SENDu (excellent page from SEND for missionary training and resources)
Finding a Coach:
- Criteria for those who have included in the coaching pool.
- Contact Ken Guenther if you would like to see if there would be someone in this coaching pool that would suit your needs.
- Other organizations that provide coaching for a fee:
- Coaching Notes.doc developed by Carl Kresge
- Am I ready for coaching? questionaire
- When Coaching is Not Enough. What do you do if coaching is not enough, and the coachee needs counselling or the mission leadership needs to get involved? See this policy statement and outline of procedures developed by the SEND U Leadership Team.
- Questionnaire to assess whether you are suffering from burn-out
- An example of client folder given by a coach to a potential coachee, including an introduction to Christian coaching, getting the most out of coaching, policies and procedures and the coaching agreement
- Coaching church planters – see the materials developed by Philippine Challenge and used to train coaches for church planters. Larry Salisbury has used these materials extensively. Much of the notes are in Tagalog.
- Ken Guenther’s “comments on coaching” – a series of articles sent to the SEND membership
- Stoltzfus, Tony, “Hiring a Coach”
- Stoltzfus, Tony, “Finding the Right Coach for you”
- Webb, Keith, “Coaching Workers” – on unique issues of coaching missions leaders.
- Miller, Kevin, “The Power of A Personal Coach: My experiment in trying to become a more effective Christian leader.”
- Logan, Bob, “Coaching Church Planters: What does it take ?”
- Other articles on Christian Coaching – http://www.coach22.com/discovercoaching/
- Competencies of a coaching leader – summarized by Jon E. from Daniel Harkavy’s book “Becoming a Coaching Leader: The Proven Strategy for Building Your Own Team of Champions.
- Is Coaching too Time Intensive? article by Tim Cosby.
- Can a a supervisor also be a coach of those he or she supervises?
- OGSM Coaching Guide
- by Keith Webb. This book is a good summary of the training received in the Core Coaching Skills Certificate Program or The Coaching Workshop.
- Leadership Coaching: The Disciplines, Skills, and Heart of a Christian Coachby Tony Stoltzfus.
- TransforMissional Coaching: Empowering Leaders in a Changing Ministry Worldby Steve Ogne and Tim Roehl, published in 2008.
- Coaching for Christian Leaders: A Practical Guide (TCP Leadership Series)by Linda Miller and Chad Hall
- Pageon coaching missionaries from the Christian Coaching Center
- Resourcesfor mission coaching suggested by this website
- The Coaching Workshop: How to empower others by integrating coaching skills into your leadership style – SEND U has purchased the licence and materials to offer this 3-day training workshop in coaching. Please contact Ken Guenther if you would like to host or attend such a workshop.
- Coaching Mastery Certificate Program by Keith Webb
- CoachNet training – Bob Logan
- Coaching Mission International 5 coach training program options for on-field and returning missionaries