global media outreach.com (excellent site with multiple partner sites in evangelism and discipleship)
Monday Morning Leadership (Mentoring Sessions), By David Cottrell
From SEND U
- Disciple Making Movements (DMM) and Church Planting Movements (CPM & T4T) page of the wiki provides helps in growing disciples particularly in group contexts.
- New Life in Christ – The New Life In Christ discipleship manuals were designed to help Christians grow. The lessons will help new believers take their first steps towards victory in their Christian life. The original volume was written in Spanish, and later translated into English, French, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian, Romanian, Swahili, Kinyarwanda y Malgache. Recommended by Craig Nordgren.
- Personal Disciplemaking: A Step-By-Step Guide for Leading a New Christian From New Birth to Maturityby Christopher Adsit. Recommended by Brett Hamilton. “He lays out a type of grid of discipleship through various phases of growth (baby, child, young adult, adult) with key spiritual disciplines (prayer, witnessing, word, family, etc). It is a helpful tool to be aware of needing to repeat certain foundational truths at various depths and not to dump the truck of theological truths too much or too fast on a young growing believer.”
- Life Change Groups, as done by Joel & Elaine Loewen in Japan. Based on the book, Cultivating a Life for God: Multiplying Disciples Through Life Transformation Groupsby Neil Cole.
- Strategic Disciple Making: A Practical Tool for Successful Ministry by Aubrey Malphurs. Recommended by Bernhard Triebel. Addresses the preparation of disciple-makers and the process of disciple-making.
- Discipling Others by Ron Hardy. Ron shares some of the principles that he has used in the past as he has discipled hundreds of high school and college students over the past 40 years
- The Lausanne Cape Town Commitment – discipleship and disciple-making is emphasized at several points in the commitment
- Online course with our partners at WorldTeam called: Discipleship: Growing Mature Followers of Jesus with challenging content and stimulating discussion with other learners who see the critical role of discipleship in church planting among the unreached.
- Phases in the discipleship journey of an individual: ABWE’s Evangelism & Discipleship Scale
- Discipleship levels for outreach to an unreached people group (as outlined by a SEND team).
- Mentoring New Missionaries – see EMQ 2008 – specific ideas as to how to do mentor new missionaries.
- Questions for Mentors/New Missionaries – This is a very simple, one-page list of questions in 5 keys areas that all new missionaries are faced with: language study, cultural adjustment, spiritual health, personal/family adjustments, and church involvement. This just gives an idea of some of the kinds of practical questions that could be discussed between mentor and mentee.
- Thrive in a New Place (SIM) – This is a great little booklet put out by SIM, again to be used in a mentoring relationship with a new missionaries. It is intended to be used weekly over the course of several months. Included are great questions, covering a range of topics, as well as evaluation tools. Again, a great little tool that could easily be adapted to a particular team/field.
Anderson, Keith R. and Randy D. Reese, Spiritual Mentoring: A Guide For Seeking and Giving Direction, IVP, Downers Grove, Illinois, 1999
Kirkpatrick, John W., The Power of Mentoring: A Christian Perspective on How to Find a Mentor and Become One, Kingdom Ministries, Auckland, 2000
Krallmann, Gunter, Mentoring For Mission: A Handbook on Leadership Principles Exemplified by Jesus Christ, Gabriel Publishing, Waynesboro GA, 2002
Kreider, Larry, The Cry For Spiritual Fathers & Mothers: Compelling Vision for Authentic, Nurturing Relationships Within Today’s Church, House To House Publications, Ephrata PA, 2000
Kuhne, Gary W., The Dynamics of Discipleship Training: Being and Producing Spiritual Leaders, Zondervan, Grand Rapids, I, 1978
Mallison, John, Mentoring To Develop Disciples and Leaders, Scripture Union, Lidcombe, NSW, and Openbook Publishers, Adelaide, 1998
Mavor, John E. (ed.), Growing As Disciples, Joint Board of Christian Education, Melbourne, 1995
Otto, Donna, The Gentle Art of Mentoring, Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon, 1997
Wright, Walter, Mentoring (2004
This page was last checked for dead links on June 16, 2016.