Ask a Missionary
Boot Camp for Personal Support Raising
Campus Crusade FREE software
Kingdom Come Training
Serving As Senders
World Christian Resource Directory
Recommended by Relational Fundraising:
askingmatters.com: you can find out what your asking style is plus other resources
supportraisingsolutions.org: tools and resources for raising support
stewardship.org.uk/resources/budgetbuilder – you can create a budget here, online, store it online, and use it to help manage your money.
stewardship.org.uk/resources/resources – many good resources and information (U.K.)
– a free budget and expenses worksheet created by a missionary.
- Alternative Fund Raising Methods (Adobe PDF)
- Christian missions: Fund raising ideas
- Help for Raising Funds (Adobe PDF)
- Money and Missions (Adobe PDF)
- Raising Support & Finding a Church Home (Adobe PDF)
- Theology of Fundraising (Adobe PDF)
- Should Missionaries use Facebook and Twitter? – blog post by missionaries from Thailand
- What Donors Want – but Often Don’t Get
- 7 Keys to Effective Missionary Presentations
From Ask a Missionary.com (great site by the way)
Support Raising Attitudes
Support Raising Approaches
- What can I do to successfully raise prayer and financial support?
- Can I raise funds for missionary service by doing it mostly online, e.g., through crowdsourcing, GoFundMe, or Facebook?
- Can teams going overseas together raise support collectively with each family drawing from the main pot?
- Our mission agency told us to expect support raising to take 9-12 months. What should my husband and I do for income during this time?
- What’s next if you dedicate yourself to the Lord and try to raise support for long-term missions but end up not being able to raise the funds?
- How can we pay the bills here while we are working the full-time job of support raising to go? Or, how can we raise our support if we’re still working full-time?
- On average, how many people does it take to support a long-term missionary? Is it 30-60 people? 100 people?
How Much Is Enough?
- How much money should a missionary raise, and how long should it take?
- What costs are included in a missionary’s budget?
- Can I go overseas before I have all my funds raised?
- How much of a service fee do agencies charge? What is that used for?
- What type of insurance coverage do missionaries need?
- Should missionaries have life insurance? We are trusting God to care for us, but is it also wise to have an insurance policy to provide for our kids if something happened to us?
- In many countries, the cost of living is less than at home. How do I justify a seemingly large support figure to supporters?
- Do missionaries continue to tithe? If so, do they take that out of the money given by others to support their ministry?
Paid Off and Debt Free
Ready to Retire
When Missionaries Come Home
Sticky Funding Issues
- Barnett, Betty J. Friend Raising: Building a Missionary Support Team That Lasts (Jan 1, 2002)
- Cunningham, Loren Daring to Live on the Edge: The Adventure of Faith and Finan…
- Dillon, William P. People Raising : A Practical Guide to Raising Support 255 pages (August 1993) Moody Press
- Johnson, Paul More Than Money More Than Faith; Successfully Raising Missionary Support in the Twenty-first Century (Feb 20, 2007)
- Morton, Scott Funding Your Ministry: Whether You’re Gifted or Not , Paperback: 219 pages Dawson Media; (July 1, 1999) – a Navagator, Morton also has a Video Series on how to Fund your Ministry.
- Morton, Scott. Funding Your Ministry: An In-depth, Biblical Guide for Successfully Raising Personal Support
- Nouwen, Henri Spirituality Of Fundraising.pdf
- Sommer, Pete Getting Sent : A Relational Approach to Support Raising 204 pages (October 1999) Intervarsity Press
Recommended by Relational Fundraising:
‘Daring to Live on the Edge: The Adventure of Faith and Finances’ by Loren Cunningham (Founder of Youth With A Mission)
‘Friend Raising: Building a Missionary Support Team that Lasts’ by Betty Barnett, a YWAMer
‘Wealth, Riches and Money’ by Craig Hill and Earl Pitts – a biblical understanding of God’s purposes for money, how we are influenced by the spirit of mammon, how to live within a “closed budget”.
‘Self-supporting Ministry’ by Kevin Colyer, a YWAMer.
‘The God Ask’ by Steve Shadrach
Sample fund raising letters see and download samples
This page was last checked for dead links on January 10, 2016.